Ash Palms Motor Inn
Weipa's Premier Apartment Style Accommodation
We specialise in comfort...
We offer quality overnight, or long term accommodation. Ash Palms Motor Inn has services that are unrivalled in the Cape. Your stay will be full of quality, and outstanding value.
- Kitchens with all utensils and cutlery required.
- Laundry facilities [some in-room available].
- Internet services.
- Digital TV with Foxtel channels.
- Salt and chemical free sparkling pool.
- Quiet location within walking distance from the shopping centre.
Weipa has certainly been in news and web sites lately with the likelihood that the existing mining operations will have life expectancies of between 50 and 100 years from now. Many private and government agencies are now located in Weipa and will undoubtedly increase as the town continues to use extra services. Tourism to Weipa will also increase as the northern development road becomes completely sealed and weather resistant. The owners and management have recognised the changing trends surrounding accommodation in Weipa and have decided to amend their rates to reflect the needs of the many clients who require longer term accommodation. Whilst Ash Palms Motor Inn provides short term stays it is also capable of supporting long term and semi-permanent residents.
Our short term accommodation rates will remain frozen for another 18 months but, in addition we now offer these discounted rates for clients who need to stay in Weipa for extended periods.
There are 4 rates now that clients can choose from:
- Short term up to 7 days - $196 per night.
- Stays longer than 7 days - 10% discount on normal rate.
- Stays longer than 14 days – 15% discount on normal rate.
- Longer term rates more than 32 days – 20% discount on normal rate.
The discounts will begin on the 1st April 2019. The good news is all bookings after that date will be amended to reflect the changes. Travel managers are urged to contact us before the commencement date if there are any issues that may arise in the way they book and bill clients.
There are so many great things to see and do in Weipa.Activities include:-
- The Weipa Fishing Classic in June each year
- Fishing charters (ask us to recommend one for you) and Barra comps
- Eco tours
- Croc spotting
- Bush walking
- National Parks, and waterfalls
- Bird watching
- Western Cape Cultural Centre
- Aquatic Centre
- Mining tours
- Houseboat rentals
- 4wd and boat hire
- Golf and lawn bowls
- Our glorious sunsets over Albatross Bay